Posted to alt.home.repair
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Dimitrios Paskoudniakis is offline

Default Followup Question on Water Filter Cartridge Replacement

Yesterday I asked about my well pressure problem, and the consensus is I
need to replace my filter cartridge.

The existing filter/cartridge have no obvious brand/model identifying
information. There is a clear plastic container about 5 1/2 inches in
height, and the cartridge inside has fine metallic windings around a
cylindrical core, about 2 1/4 inches in height. Most generic cartridges I
see online are 9 inches tall. There is a spring under the cartridge inside
the plastic housing, and under the assembly there is a water release valve.

Any insight as to what type of filter cartridge I have, and where to go to
find a replacement?