Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default A Race to ...

"B A R R Y" wrote in message

The cherry trays almost look curly. Is that a photo illusion or do
those trays have that much figure?

Oh man, now that you mention it, it was REAL tough/time consuming finishing
that tray...

.... sanded to 220 before it was assembled, then 3 coats of BullsEye Clear
Shellac sprayed on in about as many minutes, out of a spray can no less ...
that is ALL that was done to that tray insofar as "finish" ... sorta makes
you sick, don't it?

Cut from a single 6" x 72" x 1/2" cherry board I've had around the shop for
a while (a reject from another project because I didn't have the time then
to sort out a bit of bow and twist), it looked like "tray wood" to me and I
didn't pay too much attention to it until it was shellacked ... then that
figure popped out of nowhere.

Sometimes we forget/are humbled by what the simple application of shellac
can do to a nice piece of wood.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07