Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default A Race to ...

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

This chest looks substantial, particularly when you include the cedar
lining. How much does this thing weigh? Was it hard to move?

Not too bad to move around without the drawers and the tray ... I'd say
about 60 + lbs total (I estimated the top at + 10lb when deciding upon the
size and number of counterbalanced lid supports) ... I could lift it off the
bench until the top and drawers went on, but after that it became a bit
awkward to grab.

It does have a very substantial, solid feel to it that you immediately
notice when opening the lid/drawers ... unlike the ubiquitous $300 cedar
chests you see around, you have to want to move it for it to budge.

A very slight young lady and I carried it up a flight of stairs with no
trouble ... but then again, this particular young lady, a family friend from
Venezuela, who weighs not much more than 100 lbs, if that, is a world class
soccer player, is in college on a tennis scholarship, and can out eat a
table of 300 lb NFL lineman ... I've never seen anything like it. I would
definitely want her on my side in a fight.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07