Posted to uk.d-i-y
F F is offline

Default Extraction fans in kitchen and bathroom

On 07/01/2007 12:14 wrote:

For a more precise answer you'd have to have told us when it was built
and what the ventiation situation was with b'room and kitch.

Apologies for the lack of information.

The house was built in 1959.

Both bathroom and kitchen have been so since 1959. The kitchen will
continue to house a washing machine and gas hob.

All windows in the house are being replaced in the coming week and there
will continue to be openers in both bathroom and kitchen.

Both kitchen and bathroom have vents in the wall with grills over them.
I'd prefer to block up the one in the kitchen to maximise the amount of
wall cupboard storage. This need to improve storage space, along with
the need to reduce rewiring costs, is the reason for wanting to lose at
least the fan in the kitchen.

My father will continue to live in the house for the time being, but I'm
expecting that he will need to move into a residential home within the
next few months for additional care. Hence the need to obtain rental
income to pay the fees.

If I've missed anything out, let me know!

TIA

--
Frank