Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Lawyer fees

writes:

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what a standard or reasonable rate
for lawyer title search fee would be for a typical house purchase. Also
if there are any fees that we should be aware of. Location is New
Hampshire if it matters.
Thanks in advance,
GE

I happen to have a HUD1 from a sales transaction (albeit not my own)
in Chicagoland handy.

Under line 1108 Title charges, the borrower paid $275 (on 270k loan
amount) for lender's policy, and the seller paid $1110 (on 330k sale
price) for owner's policy in title charges.

Title search is done, I believe as part of the title insurance
issuance process.

Best Regards,
--
Todd