Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default steel or acrylic bath?

In article ,
"mikes" writes:

"Jim" wrote in message
Steel is much less likely to flex so you don't get the problem of the
sealant parting company with the bath/wall when fyull. Downside is the
bath water gets colder quicker ( or so I'm told) We've got a steel bath
and can't say I've ever noticed this though.

I've heard that insulating the underside of a steel bath with loft
insulation helps with the heat loss problem.

Considering the bottoms of most baths are boxed in with panelling
I just don't believe there is any significant heat loss from them
compared with the wide open top.

--
Andrew Gabriel