Posted to alt.internet.appliances,alt.home.repair
Dex Dex is offline

Default My details on "no spin" Kenmore or Whirlpool "Motor Coupling"upgrades, and washer repair.

Hi,
I reckon the washer was probably over rated I personally use a 10kg
load washing machine and have never used anything under 8kg. Too many
people I know buy small washing machines, only to be stuck with short
lifespans or many small loads.

cheers,
Dex

wrote:
Hey, settle down with the "don't overload it" attitude. Obviously I
posted this as my experience and didn't hide the fact that the super
absorbent blanket was over tolerance. It's kind of tough to judge until
it gets wet though. So, all you light load experts out there, be sure
to take your new gifted blankets out back and hose them down and hang
them on a scale before you put them in the wash. I'm actually not the
one who put the blanket in the wash by the way. Also, nothing was ever,
stuffed into this "Heavy Duty - Super capacity" top of the line washer.
We read the manual. I think it's a good idea to warn you about those
theme type towel that granny likes to get the kids. You've got to get
the pea out of them some how or don't you have kids?

I'll see you out in the back yard, in the snow, washing pea out of your
heavy stuff with a garden hose. :P

Secondly, the "Supco" after market coupling reamed out on a regular
load of towels that I personally reduced and was no where near the
maximum towel load we usually do (for Five years) but was a big load.
If I can't do a load that size anymore, I don't want it.

So yes, I too (lecture), Don't overload! So why can't we make a washer
to handle family needs? Maybe it has something to do with ump-teen
(technical term) renditions of the darn coupling. it's been made
stronger, that's a fact. What that means is overloading has changed.
Now the washer can do more. That's a fact. Maybe it should handle what
fits. No one is suggesting that grape-to-wine-making type stomping
stuff in the machine is correct, wise or expected to clean. We have
never failed to leave slack. I understand some people are stupid. We
are not (and we balance loads too), and cramming is not the issue.
Better washers are.

Also, I agree that it doesn't make since for a breaker to be the only
protection but I also think the plastic may just get old and I have
notice this is where it breaks. I guess I'm hoping for a less likely to
break part; like on the plastic from the new metal sleeve outward.

Hey, perhaps the part breaking is NOT is the best method to halt
damaged when over stressed! Maybe there's another way. That way, one
would NOT have to tear down and replace the coupling. Wouldn't it be
better to clear and press reset?

Anyway, I just wanted the next guy, fixing his washer, to know the
details when choosing a coupling. As I stated, this is and obviously
from my one experience. if you have mutl-washer experience, please
advise.