Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Appliance repair question

2. More importantly, but related to #1. How do you personally decide
whether to fix something yourself, or have somebody else do it. I
personally call it the 'Aggravation Factor'.

I don't like to have any strangers on my place unless absolutely
necessary so I try to do everything myself. The contractor is always a
nice guy but the employess can be scary.

this leaves a lot unfininshed but it doesn't bother me. I can handle
carpentry, plumbing and electrical around here with no help. I like
the confidence that comes with being familiar with everything
personally and don't have to have any ex-cons on the property.

I have most mechanical done in town since I can drive it there but have
decided it's easy enough for me to change the oil. Some specialties
almost require a specialized contractor like drilling a well or
bulldozing a driveway.