Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Schuler Charles Schuler is offline

Default Appliance repair question

"Jack" wrote in message
news
I need to install a $25.00 maintenance kit on a gas dryer. Just a couple
of questions please.
.
1. Any idea what an appliance repair place would charge in your area for
this install?

Call and ask.

2. More importantly, but related to #1. How do you personally decide
whether to fix something yourself, or have somebody else do it. I
personally call it the 'Aggravation Factor'. If it's too much of a pain
in the arse for not a huge amount of money, then I would hire someone.
Otherwise, I do it myself...sometimes just to learn something. I am just
curious how you make your own determination.

One needs to understand one's limits. If you are competent, then do it
yourself. If you are behind the curve, then decide if learning how to do it
right is a good decision.