Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default B&D Dustbuster, Spotliter battery replacement

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 14:32:35 -0500, mm wrote:

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 23:44:55 GMT, Puddin' Man
wrote:

I've had an old B&D Dustbuster Deluxe cordless vac for years. Never really

How old. Only relevant for deciding how it is assembled.

It's a DB450. I don't 'member how old, maybe 10 years.

worked 100%. Right off the charger, it'd rev up, then slow to near nothin',
they rev up again. About to roll over and die. Practical to replace
batteries?

I've had an old B&D Spotliter rechargable flashlite since the 80's.
Worked great until just recently. Output on the charger checked
out, so it's gotta be the battery. I can't even figger out how to
get it out of the handle. Any hope?

Don't you see any screw heads?

I just looked again. No fasteners visable.

YOu can drill them out, especially
with a left handed drill bit and a reversible drill, or you can look
for special tips for their special screws. They sell them now wioth
32 tips in a red plastic thing about as big as 2 cigarette packs.

If you don't see the screw heads their under stomething. Or the case
snaps together

Doesn't look like it. The base doesn't snap together.

Pease pudding hot,
Pease pudding cold,
Pease pudding in the pot
Nine days old ...