Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default beware of slander / libel / defamation lawsuits...

"CptDondo" wrote in message
BZ wrote:
It was not so much a warning against a contractor as it is an angry
consumer's venting -- but there are a lot of unreasonable consumers out
there who vent against good, professional contractors simply because the
contractor won't jump through their hoops. The somewhat irrational
nature of the original post makes me suspect that the fault here does not
lie entirely with the contractor -- and maybe not at all with the
contractor.

Reminds me of a case..... A client hires an architect.

Client claims is unhappy with the architect, refuses to pay for drawings,
fires architect when design is about 60% complete.

Client hires a contractor to build the house based on the incomplete,
unfinished, and unsealed drawings from the architect, that the client has
still not paid for, without knowledge of the architect.

Contractor cannot complete the house based on those plans.

Client sues architect for incompetence and malpractice, based on the fact
that the contractor couldn't finish the house.

Go figure. It cost the architect a bundle to avoid paying for the house,

Another architect without malpractice insurance?

although the client and the contractor violated several laws and
the county permitting department issued a building permit on the basis of
unsealed drawings, another violation of state law.

Didn't the architect put a lien on the house for non payment? I think if the
homeowner fake the wet stamp on the plans to get it through the permit
department, that's a felony in my state. Anyway looks like the homeowner
could be in a lot of trouble if the architect wants to pursue it.

I put little stock in customer rants....