Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weird idea

I was really afraid of fire from that cheap white plastic durable
flexible easy to use vent pipe thats no longer on the market because of
fire risks.

a friend replced his with the new junk foil type.

i brought his old line home it was in his trash and tried setting it on
fire on the driveway.

it wouldnt burn. at most it might support combustion barely.

even with direct ignition from my mapp gas torch it wouldnt go on fire
just smolder and go out immediately when torch was removed.

personally i think it was safe.

kinda disappointed me with fire hose at ready nothing to put out