Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Hot Water Heater Let Loose on New Years Day

BZ wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
BZ wrote:

- The guy at Home Depot ...sold me a hacksaw .

OK...I gotta ask. How many people cut their copper pipe with a hacksaw?

All of 'em what don't know any better.

At least tell us the guy at Home Depot recommended a tube cutter first
and you decided on a hacksaw because you thought you would use it more
often. Please?

Nope. Told me I needed a hacksaw and a blowtorch, and that's what I
bought. And hey, it worked.

And HD strikes again. Clerk wrong on two counts - wrong tool for
cutting the pipe, wrong term for the torch. A real blowtorch is an
awkward, dangerous tool and I doubt very many people under the age of
about 50 have ever seen one much less used one.

Harry K