Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default Retrieving screwdriver from toilet drain pipe?

"Tom The Great" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:02:46 GMT, CJT wrote:

Winston wrote:
wrote:

I assume it's a cast iron pipe so a magnet is out of the question.
Fabricate a three prong fish hook retrieving device. Take a similar
screwdriver as a guide and apply the correct dimensions to the hooks
in order to facilitate successful hooking. Measure the exact length of
line you need to position the hook appropriately. Pretend you're
fishing and eventually you'll hook the tool.

Then don't be a dumb ass again.

LOL!

It's a copper pipe, so I'm going to give the magnet a try first, then
the hook.

Copper drains? Somebody has money to waste.

I was shocked at this too! I saw on This Old House San Fran have bans
on PVC waste lines. I'm guessing some copper lobby group has deep
pockets.

tom @
www.MedJobSite.com

The strong unions in San Francisco have made sure that the City is always
about 30-40 years behind the rest of the country regarding building codes.
Vested interest. It is what keeps us from having affordable health plans
etc. Interestingly the rest of the cities in the S. F. Bay Area have broken
semi-free of the union dominance and their codes are quite modern, at worst
some of them are typically one update (four year cycle) behind.

Ivan Vegvary