Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Weird idea

You are at or exceeding the maximum distance for residential
dryers. Check your particular model. Each fitting and turn
require a reduction in distance.

There is some good information he
http://www.appliance411.com/faq/dryer-vent-length.shtml
but you might note they do NOT recommend PVC due to static/lint
issues.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Any reason one can't use 4" PVC sewer pipe for dryer exhaust
piping?

I've got to go UP 8 feet (which will be metal), then
horizontally about 20' to get to a soffit. For the 20' run I'm
considering the sewer pipe (not the kind with holes) because
it's easier to work with.

Goblin roofers didn't replace the roof vent when they put in a
new roof, I didn't notice their failure for a LONG time, and now
I'm endeavoring to correct the problem. I figure a soffit vent
is going to be easier than dealing with a retrofitted roof vent.

Suggestions welcome.