Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Fluorescent lamp question

around 10 to choose from including blacklights at grainger where you
will find excellent product descriptions.
your bulb is usually 18" long replace it with the color of light you
like warm versus cool white, look up "CRI", perhaps choose daylight,
and the lumens you want. your used bulb may also be dimmer than a brand
new one, but now you can choose a bit brighter one as well. preheat
type may use a rocker switch on your lamp.
try:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...uorescent_lamp
or go look at lighting and the lampmatch at:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/sta...1=search2=lamp
www.grainger.com

such as: "Lamp,F15t8/Spx30,15 W
Fluorescent Lamp, Standard, Lamp Designation F15T8/SPX30, Wattage 15,
Lamp Tone Enhanced Warm, CRI 86, Rated Average Life Hours 7500, Color
Temperature 3000, Initial Lumens 1000, Mean Lumens 950, Starter Type
Preheat, Lamp Shape T8, Base Medium Bipin (G13), Lamp Length 18 Inches,
Diameter 1 Inch/26 Millimeters, Product Contains Mercury, Refer To
Applicable State Regulations for Disposition After Use
Grainger Item # 5V878
Price (ea.) $17.02"
and such as:
"

Alex wrote:
I have a F15T8 lamp in my desktop lamp. It's only 15W. Does anyone know if they make the
same type of lamp bigger than 15W? All stores I checked have this type of lamp in 15W only.

Thank,
Alex