Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Fluorescent lamp question

Alex wrote:
I have a F15T8 lamp in my desktop lamp. It's only 15W. Does anyone
know if they make the same type of lamp bigger than 15W? All stores I
checked have this type of lamp in 15W only.
Thank,
Alex

Well by definition a F15T8 is a "F" fluorescent lamp "15" 15 watts and
the "T8" describes it's size. You can't just change wattage lamps is a
given fixture because the fixture contains a "ballast" or other device to
supply the lamp with the proper current and voltage. You need a new desktop
lamp. Take a look at full spectrum lamps like:

http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/?sc_cid=161&s_kwcid=full%20spectrum%20fluorescent| 377412136&gclid=CLaQvLTVy4kCFS_TJAodmzLk2w

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit