Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Getting a new boiler fitted (quickly)?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article .com,
David Pashley wrote:
We evacuated ourselves away from Hull and the wartime bombing into an
old cottage without running Domestic Hot Water and lived there till
1951ish, We had to light the kitchen fire and use an old tin bath in
front of the fire.

That's impressive indeed. Right now an old tin bath and a means of
heating enough water would be handy!

To be honest we're coping fine without the heating, it's getting used
to not having the luxury of a daily shower, and bathing the baby in the
sink (which at least he seems to like!) that are the major stresses.

When I were a lad it was a weekly bath. Rest of the time you washed in the
sink.

When I were a lad and we did a lot of caravanning, washing in the sink with
naff all hot water and no shower or bath for 2 weeks was normal. Couldn't
do it now *shudder*. If I go for more than 2 days without a shower, I feel
gross. It's got a lot with what your used to.

Cheers

Tim