Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [?] Looking for a Waste pipe 'diverter'.

Mary Fisher wrote:
"David Chapman" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone in this NG can help me.

I'm looking for a 'two-way diverter tap' that I can put in the outside
2" plastic pipe that carries waste water from our bath and washbasin to
the outside drain. I'd like to be able to rearrange the pipework so that
I can divert waste water into a close-by water-butt until it is full,
then be able to 'switch' the outlet back so that any further waste water
goes down the drain as it did originally.

Does such a 'diverter-tap' exist and, if so, where can I get one?

They do but I wouldn't advise storing bath or hand basin water, it gets
very smelly very quickly.

So does any water in a butt, even fresh rainwater.

Great breeding place for mosquito larvae as well.

I have juts as such a system that tapes into a drain downpipe..it
divertst the water till the butt is full. Any builders merchant stocks
such, though you may need to go to a large bore pipe.

Alternatively, just connect the wastes to the tank, and then have the
tank overflow go into the drains.

Of course, you need to make sure the tank level in not above the level
of your bath water etc..or you will end up with a bath that won't empty.

Mary