Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [?] Looking for a Waste pipe 'diverter'.

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

"David Chapman" wrote in message

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone in this NG can help me.

I'm looking for a 'two-way diverter tap' that I can put in the outside
2" plastic pipe that carries waste water from our bath and washbasin to
the outside drain. I'd like to be able to rearrange the pipework so that
I can divert waste water into a close-by water-butt until it is full,
then be able to 'switch' the outlet back so that any further waste water
goes down the drain as it did originally.

Does such a 'diverter-tap' exist and, if so, where can I get one?

They do but I wouldn't advise storing bath or hand basin water, it gets
very smelly very quickly.

Agreed.

It might be slightly better to have the water-butt simply overflow
into the original drain, as that will keep a flow going through the
water butt even when full and skim off the surface scum.
Do not route kitchen sink waste into it.

--
Andrew Gabriel