Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] maradcliff@UNLISTED.com is offline

Default 3/4" or 1" copper water main pipe?

OI missed the first part of this thread, but if this is just an
average home, 3/4" in the norm, from the meter into the house. One
inch is common from the water main (in the street) into the home and
up tp the meter.

On 5 Jan 2007 10:16:25 -0800, "Eric in North TX"
wrote:

btw I had to talk my neighbor out of using 1.25" for his main line

cheers
Bob

Why? 3" would be ok if cost was no object. While it will still only
flow to the limit of the smallest restriction, the volume of water
"stored" in the big pipe would still help.