Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction

Default Retrieving screwdriver from toilet drain pipe?

"CJT" wrote in message
Winston wrote:
wrote:

I assume it's a cast iron pipe so a magnet is out of the question.
Fabricate a three prong fish hook retrieving device. Take a similar
screwdriver as a guide and apply the correct dimensions to the hooks
in order to facilitate successful hooking. Measure the exact length of
line you need to position the hook appropriately. Pretend you're
fishing and eventually you'll hook the tool.

Then don't be a dumb ass again.

LOL!

It's a copper pipe, so I'm going to give the magnet a try first, then
the hook.

Copper drains? Somebody has money to waste.

From early fifties to early seventies, 4" copper was standard issue in much
of the country. Worked better than iron or galvanized, nobody used lead any
more, and PVC or other plastics were just starting to be used, and not
code-approved in many areas. For several years after PVC was allowed for
drains, many areas still required copper feed lines. Properly installed, and
in the absence of bad water or other chemical or galvanic weirdness, copper
will basically last forever.

aem sends...