Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Cooktop Question

"Rob" wrote in message
I recently bought my home and the existing cooktop is an electric one made
by Corning. The width is 34" across. I went to a few stores and was told
cooktops are not made in that size, the only close sizes are 30 and 36 as I
recall.

Has anyone heard of a 34" wide cooktop and if so, can you tell me a
manufacturer who makes one? I want to replace the current electric one
with a gas one. I realize I could alter the counter top for a 36" unit,
but would rather not...

Thanks in advance for any responses,

Rob

Big Box Retail Giants with pimply faced youngsters and old dead guy
employees?

I had not heard of it either. I just did a quick search using 34"+cooktop
as a search term and got an amazing number of hits.

Maybe you should call a local appliance store where they know their
products.