Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,pdaxs.services.plumbing

Default Tankless Hot Water Heaters

In article . com,
says...
My Takagi draws little enough current that if the power is out, I can
run it off the pocket-sized power inverter I keep in my car. No added
cost for that, I already had the inverter anyway.

--
is Joshua Putnam

Odd the Takagi website doesnt list current consumption,'

It's in the PDF manual, towards the end.

this makes me wonder about that big flue exhausting heated home air
24/7 all winter long... humm I wonder the same about my standard hot
water tank and furnace, must be like leaving a big window open
permanetely.

Haven't done a formal study of it, but while testing for drafts I blew
smoke around our water heater on a cold day, didn't have any noticeable
convection up the flue. But our flue is mostly horizontal, definitely
needs the blower.

Our long-range plan is to convert it to use outdoor combustion air once
we get around to the finished cabinetry in the pantry where it sits.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/