Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Retrieving screwdriver from toilet drain pipe?

Winston wrote:
Yes, I'm a dumbass. This has become quite apparent, so there's no need
to remind me.

Long story short, I dropped a 10" screwdriver tip-first down an open
2nd floor toilet drain pipe, and it is now stuck at the base of a
45-degree bend just under the basement ceiling. I know it couldn't
have gotten any further than this point, due to 2 sharp 90-degree
bends that follow the 45-degree bend. Unfortunately, I can't see it
from the drain opening because I can't look down the pipe due to a
slight offset just past the toilet flange. Do you know of any
specialized plumber's snakes or other tools that could be lowered
into the pipe to grab the screwdriver somehow?

How far down the pipe is the tool?

Here's a 24" grabber/pickup tool, but I bet you can find longer ones