Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mCassidy mCassidy is offline

Default Problem with Samsung TV

TV sets = little to none.

Not too bad with electronics to an extent. Building computers and home
wiring, etc...

II am heartened to hear that it is possibly not the tube..

Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:22:58 -0800, mCassidy Has Frothed:

I have a Samsung TV that is having problems.
It is a HDTV CRT model TXN3071WHFXXAA.
We have had it for just over 3 years with no problems. Last night my
wife was watching a show and she said that she suddenly saw a bright
white light in the center of the screen like a hole and then everything
around that came in like a vacuum and went black. After that the TV
would not turn on.

This morning it did come on and seemed to work well for ~5 minutes and
then did the same thing.

I would assume that the tube has gone bad but I really have no idea...
and I'd like to have a little better idea if that is the problem and
what repair might cost (SW Ohio) before calling someone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The tube isn't bad. Just how much experience do you have repairing tv sets?

COOSN-266-06-25794