Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mCassidy mCassidy is offline

Default Problem with Samsung TV

I have a Samsung TV that is having problems.
It is a HDTV CRT model TXN3071WHFXXAA.
We have had it for just over 3 years with no problems. Last night my
wife was watching a show and she said that she suddenly saw a bright
white light in the center of the screen like a hole and then everything
around that came in like a vacuum and went black. After that the TV
would not turn on.

This morning it did come on and seemed to work well for ~5 minutes and
then did the same thing.

I would assume that the tube has gone bad but I really have no idea...
and I'd like to have a little better idea if that is the problem and
what repair might cost (SW Ohio) before calling someone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt