Posted to rec.woodworking
Will Will is offline

Default "Mobile" base for Grizzly G0555 bandsaw

I have the Griz mobile base and I like it a lot. I've never had a problem
with it.

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I recently received my Grizzly bandsaw and set it up in the middle of our
garage. I was pushing our budget already, so I did not purchase the $70
mobile base (which I've read some bad reports about anyway).

Anyway, as luck would have it, one of our cars broke down so I needed to
move the bandsaw out of the way quickly to work on the car. I have a cheap
handtruck, so I decided to give that a try. Thanks to the feet on the
bandsaw stand, it's easy to slip the base of handtruck under the stand and
tilt the saw back. Coming in from the left side of the saw I was
pleasantly
surprised by how nicely the saw balanced on the handtruck and how easy it
was to maneuver around the garage.

So, I won't be worrying about purchasing a mobile base for my bandsaw.

I already had the handtruck, but it may be a cheaper option for others.
And
you can use it for other things too.

Best of all, the bandsaw sits solidly on all four feet when in use.

Anthony