Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aqualisa 605 shower mixer - removing control knob

Bill wrote:
hi

I have a 9 year old aqualisa shower mixer which has started to leak
very badly around the control knob all of a sudden today.

Reading previous threads here suggest the cartridge has probably
failed and I simply need to replace it.

http://www.shower-spares.co.uk/aqual...05_and_405.htm

But I am unable to remove the control knob (item 12 in above URL). I
did read there may be a retaining screw behind the Aqualisa badge but
I've been equally unsuccessful in prising off the badge and the above
diagram doesn't suggest there is even a screw behind the badge.

Can anyone confirm whether or not there is a retaining screw behind
the badge, or am I wasting my time trying to prise the badge off on
this particular model?

I think it depends on the age. I've repaired Aquamixers and some have a
screw, some just pull straight off - have you tried that? Looks to me like
it pulls off.

Give Aqualisa a call on 01959 560010. Their technical help line is 100%
brilliant, best I've ever come across.

Last one I repaired it was the Gasket with Filter leaking, part no; 213019

BTW that cartridge is only £85 from them direct + P&P and the gasket only
£3.57. Buy the bits direct.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman