Posted to misc.consumers.house
Chris Hill Chris Hill is offline

Default transfering property deed - mortgage

On 4 Jan 2007 20:00:27 -0800, wrote:

My friend has agreed to let me buy out their 1/2 interest in our house
we live in for X dollars. I will assume sole ownership of the deed and
mortgage. Currently our names are on both.

Question: Will my mortgage bank (well known national bank) most likely
allow me to keep the current terms, rates etc. of my mortgage even
though one person is dropping off the deed and the mortgage?..Or will I
need to re-qualify? We have a fixed rate loan and a heloc 2nd, with
about 15% equity. I'm hoping I do not need to re-qualify on my own. I'd

You should probably ask them, as well as check around with other
lending institutions to see what you can qualify for.