Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Don't I need junction boxes?

That's probably how it's done in many third world countries. I'd suggest an
electrician, or at least a better grade of handy man

"BETA-32" wrote in message
news
I just had a handyman-type person wire and install some very basic lights
in the basement of my home. The lights fixtures are just the very basic
round white plastic ones where a light bulb screws in. What he did was
screw the white plastic fixtures directly onto the ceiling joists with no
junction boxes or mounting boxes. The wires run along the joists and under
the white plastic fixture to the contacts.

I assume that's wrong and doesn't meet electrical codes. Am I right about
that?

And, yes, I know I should have a licensed electrician, etc., etc.