Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default How to wire in a range outlet.

Other than the bare wire, which would be ground, don't assume to know what
any color wire represents until you separate the conductors and test them
for yourself. Once you determine which are hot and or neutral, then you can
proceed to connect them to a receptacle. If you find the colors incorrect
for what they are carrying, I would remark them as necessary

"flgeagle" wrote in message
news:047cc6cc68233016269b3ed385f21ca6@homerepairli ve.com...
I'm replacing an old drop in unit that was hard wired and I want to
install
a range outlet. I know it has it has a red,black and white wire. Red is
hot,black is ground and white is neutral. But thrtr is an unwrapped wire
and I don't know what to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.