Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default Retrieving screwdriver from toilet drain pipe?

"Winston" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes, I'm a dumbass. This has become quite apparent, so there's no need
to remind me.

Long story short, I dropped a 10" screwdriver tip-first down an open
2nd floor toilet drain pipe, and it is now stuck at the base of a
45-degree bend just under the basement ceiling. I know it couldn't have
gotten any further than this point, due to 2 sharp 90-degree bends that
follow the 45-degree bend. Unfortunately, I can't see it from the drain
opening because I can't look down the pipe due to a slight offset just
past the toilet flange. Do you know of any specialized plumber's snakes
or other tools that could be lowered into the pipe to grab the
screwdriver somehow?

Whenever I drop such a worthless item into the toilet I follow up by
throwing in a few silver dollars or expensive jewelry. No way am I going to
reach into the toilet for something worthless.

Ivan Vegvary