Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Gary KW4Z Gary  KW4Z is offline

Default Tankless Hot Water Heaters (Thanks for the Response)

Thank you to everyone that contributed on each board. While I haven't
totally made up my mind about what I will do, and I have plenty of time to
do that thankfully, I am leaning (due in part to opinions on these
newsgroups) to staying traditional, with a 50 gallon high efficiency, Gas,
Hot Water Heater with a long warranty. Being that there is mostly the wife
and myself I think that will due us even when we have the grandchildren
over.

Again thank you for each of your input and I will continue to follow this
thread and also do research into past question regarding tankless water
heaters. Could be by the time I actually build things will change again but
for now I'm changing my mind, back to the Gas Tank model. The reason is
that even with the cost savings of the tankless I'm very concerned that they
will not hold up over as long a time as tanks have proven to last and
apparently the manufacturers don't necessarily think they will either by the
warranty length they assign to them so that's my reasoning for changing my
mind.