Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default OT Electrical Conundrum

Pete C. wrote:

So you're claiming that there is no difference between the $0.50

garbage
and the "spec grade" devices other than the "spec grade" marking? I've
compared the two side by side and they are vastly different in quality,
particularly contact area and contact pressure.

No, you are missing the point.

As you call it, "$0.50 garbage", am assuming you are referring to
residential grade devices, can actually be called "spec grade", the
"spec" being "residential".

The term "spec grade" is strictly generic and can be used to define
almost any family of devices.

BTW, I'm with you, I wouldn't use the "$0.50 garbage" either.

Next time you need receptacles, take a look at a 5262.

It is back/side wired and designed for the high end industrial market.

Think you might will be happy with it.

Lew