jim rozen

Default Home schooling (was...)

In article , Don Wilkins says...

... My kids went
to public school but their wasn't a day went by that their homework
wasn't monitored, handed in on time, and represented their own work no
matter how many times they had to go back and redo it. My kids learned
that when I reviewed math homework with 50 problems and said "There is
one wrong answer" it was time to check their work. They knew better
than to ask which problem was wrong. Their were disappointments but
they learned to deal with them. This world is not necessarily fair and
there are times when you just have to dig deeper and try harder. Home
schoolers miss much of that.

Don this may not be what you want to hear, but
it sounds to me like your kids *were* home schooled.

Yes maybe they spent a few hours a day in class, away
from home - but what they really needed they got at
home.

I took the liberty of changing the thread name, I always
thought it was silly to inject personal barbs that way.
Obviously that was not directed at you, Don.

Jim

please reply to: