Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Richard is offline

Default Large elec bill from long ago!

The Wanderer wrote:

Well, it definitely pays to keep an eye on what's going on with the bank
and all the various utilities. I suspect that's one of the main reasons why
people complain when it all goes wrong, coz they just don't keep a watchful
eye on what's happening.

SWMBO certainly complained loud and long as soon as she went into credit
- to no avail.

Strangley enough we were discussing this with a friend yesterday. He
went into credit to the tune of £500 - purely through neglect as he
quickly confessed! His utility supplier told him that the situation
should not have arise cos their systems detected credits in excess of
£50 and issued an automatic refund! Unfortunately the girl on the phone
could not manually generate refunds for more than £50!!!! Took a lot
of arguing with a 'supervisor' to achieve the refund.

Richard