Posted to rec.woodworking
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Craftsman Compucarver Machine

"Elliott" wrote in message
Anyone have one? or used one. I am seeing it advertised on TV, but they
are not in Sear's stores locally. Priced at $1900 and
special order.
Appreciate any views or information on this machine.
Photos of carvings done look very ornate and are computer composed and
driven.
Thanks, Glenn

I wouldn't mind getting one but couple of things I'm concern about. One is
reliability. Also the controller board may cost an arm and leg to replace
few years down the road - don't know, just my guess. Could be obsolete in a
few short years when new and improved operating system won't support the
software routine.