Barry S.

Default Quick Couplers (Pneumatic)

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:42:56 GMT, "tomcas"
wrote:

There are multiple sizes and multiple types. I seen many poor quality
couplers of the same size and type fail to couple because they are simply
outside the allowable tolerances.

Is there a semi-universal "standard" size or style for say typical for
a 1/2" impact wrench or automotive application. Auto mechanics move
from shop to shop and take their tools with them. It seems like it
would be really problematic is they couldn't "plug them in".

"Barry S." wrote in message
.. .
I was in Harbor Freight today and they were having some sort of huge
sale as it the line was so long I refused to stand in it. But they
had a couple of displays of quick couplers for air tools. I grabbed
a male and female and tried to stick them together. Wouldn't go.
Noticed they had a couple of different sized on the male side, but the
female side of the connection appeared to be the same size.

How does this work? I thought there was only one size for quick
connects. Are their multiple sizes and are some compatible with each
other?

Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with

'mail'.
N38.6 W121.4