Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert Brian Elfert is offline

Default OT Electrical Conundrum

"DonkeyHody" writes:

See, I learn something new every day. I didn't know wiring in series
was a substandard way of doing it. Most every receptacle I ever pull
out of a box uses the receptacle itself to transfer the power down the
line. And most of them have the wires stabbed in the back instead of
screwed to the side. I can see the advantages of pigtails, and I'll do
it that way from now on. I don't think I'll go yanking my receptacles
out to retrofit though. Thanks for the tip.

I believe pigtails are required by National Electric code now. The city
here gives out a booklet to homeowners doing their own wiring and lists
common things that homeowners miss and pigtails are listed as a
requirement.

Brian Elfert