Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Is Cabling up for Networking or Phone Systems Still Justified?

"Andy Hall" wrote

I think that the short answer to this one is yes.

Just to put a perspective on this, I've worked in the networking industry
with various technologies for over 25 years - right back to when ethernet

Thanks Andy for such a comprehensive overview.
I already have Cat5 around the house to the majority of rooms.
Am constantly being hassled by kids and SWMBO for broadband.

To avoid the security issues and the issue of having kids monopolising every
room in the house with wireless laptops etc. I am inclined to stick with the
wired solution for broadband. Then add a wireless access point later when
the kids have gone!

Phil