Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Is Cabling up for Networking or Phone Systems Still Justified?

On Jan 5, 9:07 am, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:
Wired phone system, yes. When you are in bed and fire breaks out downstairs
and trips your power supply your bedside DECT phone is simply an ornament!

The smoke alarm should have woken you long before the power trips.

There is a place for DECT phones and I have several - but I also have a
number of wired extensions.

Getting everyone out comes higher on my list than trying to 'phone
anyone, even if it means jumping out of a window. If it's got to the
stage where summoning rescue by 'phone is your only hope, then you are
probably doomed anyway ;-)

MBQ