PrecisionMachinisT

Default Tractor vs. Bobcat

"TSJABS" wrote in message
You never do say where you are located? I just happen to have a nice

450C
deere and do alittle earthmoving on the side. I have caught more jobs

clearing
for pole buildings than anything else.

Hi, Tim.

We have 8 acres in Southwest Washington State, near Kalama, just across the
freeway from the Columbia river.......

Lotsa ( VERY ) steep hills and solid rock.

We took 24 ( or was it 35 ) loads of mature Douglas Fir off 5 acres of the
property in 1999.

I have a kubota 4wd I use here for myself--I finally have most of the mess
cleaned up, but it sure has taken a while..........

For bigger jobs, I get ahold of my neighbor down the road a 1/2 mile or so,
he has a pc 60 excavator, a jd 450 and a case 580k, as well as a coupla dump
trucks.

My personal experience with operating larger heavy equipment is that it
indeed takes skill and experience to obtain the desired result...........

I can fiddle around for hours on a dozer, and be unhappy with the results,
but If I am on the ground calling the shots, with an experienced operator on
the machine, I can get way better results for about the same price, and
likely even less time....And maybe even enjoy a few beers while I'm at
it......

--

SVL