Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much weight can a pine floor withstand?

"Amateur" wrote in message
news:4c8de6ddecb680bfbcce9ea4c4e19349@homerepairli ve.com...
Can a pine floor stand up to having a ping pong table weighing 170 pounds
rolled across it repeatedly over time, or is the pine so soft that
something with that weight would leave indentations on the floor? My wife
and I recently purchased a house with a pine floor which had quite a
number
of indentations and we want to make sure we don't repeat that problem now
that we've had the floor sanded down to get rid of those... Thanks for
your advice.

Weight is not the problem, distribution is. Chances are, you or some of your
friends are 170 or more and don't make dents. You want glides or casters
with a large area to support and distribute the weight.