Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 4 pole to 3 pole Extension Cord.

Electric ranges typically have a 50 amp circuit breaker. So,
yours has 40. That's OK. What's the amperage that your welder
uses?

Seems possible, though, to wire an adaptor. Using a range cord,
and a welder socket (both often available at the hardware). You
could also wire a sub panel off the range socket, and then put in
a welder outlet.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all, I have a small welder that has a three wire

(blk/wht/grnd)
230 volt connection and I would like to plug it into my range

outlet
which is four pole, 40 amp.(blk/wht/red/grnd)
My question is how can I connect a three pole receptical onto a

four
pole lead ?
Thank You in advance.