Posted to rec.woodworking
DonkeyHody DonkeyHody is offline

Default OT Electrical Conundrum

Joe wrote:
This the most significant post in this thread. Good electrical
workmanship requires receptacles in series to be pigtailed. Most
building codes require it. And sadly, way too few DIY'ers ever do it.
My pair of pennies.

See, I learn something new every day. I didn't know wiring in series
was a substandard way of doing it. Most every receptacle I ever pull
out of a box uses the receptacle itself to transfer the power down the
line. And most of them have the wires stabbed in the back instead of
screwed to the side. I can see the advantages of pigtails, and I'll do
it that way from now on. I don't think I'll go yanking my receptacles
out to retrofit though. Thanks for the tip.

DonkeyHody
"Every man is my superior in that I can learn from him."