Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slow hot water flow

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
"Joe" wrote in message
ps.com...

wrote:
We have a recent (3 years) hot water tank
The water locally is quite clean and soft
Previous hot water heater lasted 20+ years before the tank sprung a
leak When this tank was installed, the hot water flow was about the
same
as the
cold water flow
Since then the flow has been steadily slowing down where currently
the hot
wate is about 60-70% of the cold water flow

What could be causing this ?
What can be done to solve this?

Might be caused by a worn cartridge or parts in the faucet set. Try
replacing these and clean out the oulet screen while you're there.
Check relative flow in other locations as well.
Did the installer change and maybe downsize any piping?

I was the installer
Piping was not changed

Loss of flow is consistent throughout the house
It's just as visible in the tub/shower as the kitchen

Make sure the strainers are clean. You often get sediment loose when
doing that job and it can clog up strainers and other valve parts.

Other than that I like Jeff's anti-siphon valve suggestion.

Couple of outlets don't have strainers, and they're just as slow.