Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default Upgrade from 200A to 3 or 400A service

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it possible to upgrade my electric panel from a 200 amp service to a
300 or 400 amp service. I want to finish my basement and add a new
patio over the next several years and I want to add quite a few new
circuits and I don't have the slots left in the current panel. I
really don't want to just add a sub panel, I would like to have a
second line into the house from the meter in for the second panel. Is
this possible? I would hand over all the work to a professional, but I
just want to know if what I want to do is possible.

Thanks,

Did one years ago, 400A, 120/240V with backup generator. It was expensive
and a big jump in price from the typical 200A service.

I've heard someone has a 120/208, 3-phase service to his house too.