Posted to alt.home.repair
Your Local Pool Guy Your Local Pool Guy is offline

Default Pool cover questions

Is this type of cover necessary in a wooded environment?
No, but it helps keep out debris

We have a sweet gum tree near the pool and the seed balls are a real pest! Other
pools in the area don't have any cover as they lack trees in the area.
Are there other covers that might be more optimum than Air Lock?

Sure there are but right now you have a decent cover if you are looking
to get rid of it then there are plenty of other covers out there
including Loop-Lop permenant safety covers http://www.loop-loc.com or
you can just use a tarp or standard pool cover and weight it down with
water bags that you can find at any local pool store.

Is the life span of the cover material really only one season?

Well thats one reason, also it is able to hold the weight of large
objects such as adults or children.

If you have more questions you can email me at or
visit
http://www.swimuniversity.com