PrecisionMachinisT

Default Tractor vs. Bobcat

"RogerN" wrote in message
ink.net...

I'm buying a new (to me) home out in the country on ~4.5 acres land.

There
is no garage/pole building/workshop on the property and the land isn't

very
flat. Also, there are a lot of trees & brush growth to be cleared. At
first I was thinking about buying an older Bobcat or similar and selling

it
after I was done with it. Lately I've been wondering if a tractor with a
front end loader would do the same job as good as, or better than, a

Bobcat.
I thought the tractor would be more useful for mowing, etc. I guess

either
one could handle a future "CADDigger" backhoe attatchment project. Any
thoughts as to why a Bobcat would be better than a tractor or vice-versa.

Roger,

I suggest you rent or hire a dozer or excavator to do the big stuff first,
then take some time in deciding what to get for personal use / grounds
maintenance.

A medium sized dozer with a skilled operator can in many cases accomplish in
two hours what it would take weeks or even months to do on a small tractor
or bobcat.

A medium sized excavator can rip fairly large trees out, stump and all and
toss them in nice neat stacks almost effortlessly.

Look around your neighborhood and find someone who has this equipment within
a few miles of you, often they will give you reduced rates or even waive
drop-off charges on small weekend jobs, provided you deal with them on a
money up front basis.

Always good to be buddies with a small local excavation company.............

--

SVL